A graduate of Thompson High School, rural Bellevue, Ohio, and Tri-State College, Angola, Indiana with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Served in the United States Navy 1972-1973
- Started working in the County Engineer's Office in 1974 as a Civil Engineer
- Worked as a field superintendent for S.E. Johnson Companies , Maumee, Ohio 1981-1984
- Became Sandusky County Engineer on January 7, 1985
- Member of the County Engineer's Association of Ohio
- National Association of County Engineers
- Fremont Lions Club
- Hayes Memorial United Methodist Church
- Married with two adult children.